- It is more effective than most of the other cardiovascular exercises. The amount of calories shed while making those fast strides depend on one's weight, running speed, and distance covered.
- It prevents the onset of heart attack and high blood pressure. And with the improved efficiency of the cardiovascular system, other important bodily processes are also enhanced.
- It strengthens the bones and muscles hence preparing the aforementioned body parts to the challenges of old age.
- It prompts the body to release the feel good hormone known as endorphin, hence the term "runner's high."
- It improves the health condition of cancer patients.
- It increases the capacity of the lungs.
- It increases the level of good cholesterol in the body.
- It strengthens the immune system by increasing the number of lymphocytes in the body.
- It adds a healthy glow to the skin for a young and vibrant look.
Now that you know the health advantages of running. It's about time that you get acquainted with the proper way of engaging in this highly beneficial yet physically demanding activity.
Using the wrong pair of footwear increases the risk of injuries hence it is critical that your feet are protected by custom-designed running shoes if you want to jog with ease and comfort.
Since the running surface will have a direct effect on your exercise, make sure to opt for the most suitable running track through careful consideration of both your strengths and limitations. Soft and grassy are the most ideal running surface for beginners.
Warm-up exercises prepare the bones and muscles, and speed up the blood flow in preparation for a strenuous activity. Without adequate warm-up, your body is prone to both short-term (muscle pain, muscle cramps) and long-term physical detriments.
The effect of this exercise will depend on your running schedule's consistency. Irregular schedule will of course yield irregular physical results because the body will find it hard to adapt with the activity.
Eat and Drink Right
The benefits of running will be obvious and can be felt more quickly if the exercise is done simultaneous with proper diet and a healthy lifestyle in general.
Running is more than just a fad. It is more than just an exercise. Running is the most fitting symbol of an emerging lifestyle that propels more and more people through the path of health and wellness where a full life awaits at the finish line. So, what are you waiting for? Run now!
Looking for more adventures, read about:
Special Feature: 10 Summer Must
Small Things. Simple Tasks.
TravelBook.ph unveils better commission rates for affiliates
Blue Gardens Wedding and Events
Marigold Kimberly Pavilion: A Reception Venue For Weddings, Birthdays and Corporate Events
How to keep your skin looking fresh when travelling
An Adventurer and a Best Friend: Caio, The Golden Retriever Dog
Kaibigan Sould Camp: Keep On Traveling Palawan
30 Wedding Reception Centrepiece Ideas To Spice Up Your Reception
Wander To Know The Wonder: A Day In My Outdoor Life
Boracay: The flagship beach destination of the Philippines
The Waterfront Beach Resort
Taal (The Heritage Town)
Discover Tanay, Rizal: A True Adventure Experience
Bohol Escapade: The Voyage of Life
Mesa de Lipeños (Sea food at its best!)
Where to Dine and Stay in Bohol, Philippines
Interesting Places To Visit In The South Of Metro Manila
Awesome Destinations To Explore In The Philippines
Packing Tips: How To Pack The Right Way
Best Travel Gadgets Actually Worth Buying
Mt. Manabu (A Muddy Adventure)
Mt. Humarap (Tatlong Krus) and Matabungka Falls
Mt. Gulugod Baboy (Mt. Pinagbanderahan)
Mt. Mariveles (Tarak Ridge-Peak)
Mt. Balagbag and Kaytitinga Falls
Mt. Pico de Loro (Mt. Palay-Palay) and Boracay de Cavite (Katungkulan Beach)
Mt. Tabayoc, Mystical Lakes (Tabeo, Ambulalakao, Letep-ngapos, Incolos) and Junior Pulag
Mt. Sipit Ulang and Payaran Falls
Mt. Ulap (The Beauty Behind The Pines)
Mt. Pinatubo: A Majesty after a Tragedy
Mt. Cayabu - Mt. Maynoba (Mt. Maynuba) and 8 Waterfalls
La Mesa Eco-Park
A Photowalk Journey: Manila-Pasay
Manila Seedling Bank: Nature is the art of God
Bakit karamihan sa mga namumundok walang lovelife?
May Forever sa Bundok (Finding Neverland and Love at First Sight)